slowly outgrowing her milk allergy. She's been tolerating more and more cooked meals with milk. So, I decided to make milk-based Jell-O pudding. I was hopeful that the milk was boiled long enough and it would changed the milk protein enough for her to enjoy it without a reaction. I was wrong. I gave her less than 1/4 cup of pudding. She started coughing, but that's kinda normal when she eats. Drives me crazy because I never know if it's a food allergy or just her swallowing wrong or just plain coughing. Anyway, it got really bad. She was gasping along with breaking out in hives. I quickly grabbed the Benadryl (not the kind that was recalled), and she sucked it down. She was fine within a few minutes. It was too bad that she couldn't tolerate it. I think that was the worst reaction I've seen. Normally, it's just hives. But she did consume more than in a normal test.
Reminder: Do not do food challenges at home unless advised by a doctor.
A little update
4 years ago