Please read, before reading

I am saddened by the comments on this blog that often take a judgmental turn. The information is intended to be just that -- information. You need to make your own decisions for your life and be accountable for your actions. I debated closing the blog, but feel there are many valuable items listed for families struggling with food allergies, especially early on.

If you need further information please contact a doctor. If you need to verify a product's ingredients, please look at current labels and contact the company yourself. Note many posts are several years old. Use your best judgment and do not make up comments to scare people.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wednesday - Lunch

**This is a week-long series that will detail the food that I feed my almost 3-year-old who has multiple food allergies, including dairy, egg, tree nuts, and peanuts.  Each day I will detail the food she eats for her meal.  I will update snacks with the dinner menu.  Included you will see how I menu plan and prepare meals for the allergic child. I will be starting Sunday (although I will be skipping Monday).**




Wednesday - Lunch


Tofurky, Smiles, Applesauce, Soy Milk with ketchup and mustard


2 comments:

  1. Hi! I love these posts. I have a 2-year-old daughter with the same allergies, so it's great to see what you feed yours.
    I have just started reading this so pardon me if you mention this elsewhere and i missed it, but I was wondering what the reasoning was behind the tofurky instead of other dairy-free hot dogs? We love Hebrew National Kosher 97% fat-free beef dogs.
    So I'm just curious if you choose them for health, cost, someone else in the house eats them, vegetarian diet, etc? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading Common Writer. I have to admit I knew very little about alternative foods when I started feeding my daughter table food. Early on, I saw the Tofurky in the vegetarian section at the grocery store and noticed that it had so much less fat than regular hot dogs that I thought we would give them a try. The result was that she loves Tofurky, so I just go with it. No real reason other than trying it out and she liked them.

    We haven't tried Hebrew National hot dogs, but we have talked about it. Thanks for the reminder that they low in fat also.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails