Please read, before reading

I am saddened by the comments on this blog that often take a judgmental turn. The information is intended to be just that -- information. You need to make your own decisions for your life and be accountable for your actions. I debated closing the blog, but feel there are many valuable items listed for families struggling with food allergies, especially early on.

If you need further information please contact a doctor. If you need to verify a product's ingredients, please look at current labels and contact the company yourself. Note many posts are several years old. Use your best judgment and do not make up comments to scare people.

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Oooh So Good

Tonight I had a craving for chocolate.  Ever since I realized that I have an allergy to peanut, I have cut most chocolate out (with the exception of a small Boom Choco Boom square here and there).  I used to eat chocolate every day.  Although my peanut allergic reaction is pretty small, I decided it best to keep it out of my diet because I believe it made my other food allergies worse.  I have yet to find a doctor who agrees with.  I digress.

I searched one of my favorite recipe sites for food allergies Food Allergy Mama and found this absolutely delightful (yes chocolate is delight for me) Dairy, Eagg and Nut-Free Chocolate Pudding Cake.  It's ooey good and we ate it with ice cream.  Our daughter had Purely Decadent Coconut Milk ice cream.

**Side note:  I was asking our daughter tonight if the coconut milk ice cream hurt her anywhere.  A question I am starting to ask her when she eats foods I'm allergic to or worry should could be allergic to.  With my allergies you can't see them, but I can feel them tighten my throat.  She told me yes.  I thought that was actually odd since this is the second container of Purely Decadent she's devouring.  I asked her where she hurt.  She pointed to the top of her head.  I asked some questions about other foods if they hurt her and she said no to all.  I asked if Mommy's milk hurt her and she said yes.  I asked where and she told me her cheeks, which is where she gets hives.  I asked again about the coconut milk ice cream and she said it hurt the top of her head.  I realized she must have eaten it too fast and it gives her an "ice cream headache."  Don't you just wish you could get in that little brain sometimes?**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails