Please read, before reading

I am saddened by the comments on this blog that often take a judgmental turn. The information is intended to be just that -- information. You need to make your own decisions for your life and be accountable for your actions. I debated closing the blog, but feel there are many valuable items listed for families struggling with food allergies, especially early on.

If you need further information please contact a doctor. If you need to verify a product's ingredients, please look at current labels and contact the company yourself. Note many posts are several years old. Use your best judgment and do not make up comments to scare people.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Allergy testing at home

Do not test for allergies at home unless advised by a doctor.

We tested our daughter with milk this weekend. I made an icing and put in on cookie.  She reacted to it with hives.  But it was a milder case than in the past.  We didn't even give her Benadryl.

I have been feeding her more and more dishes with milk cooked in them and she is tolerated them just fine. Ah, no more making two of everything.  Although I still will if I think something might have too much "milk" in it.

It's a really good feeling to see her slowly being able to eat more.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I just found your blog today and I've loved looking through everything. I have a toddler who is allergic to dairy. We should already be off a bottle, but I so dread finding foods she can eat. I'm worried she wont get enough nutrition. She's just turned 1, so we do lots of fruits and veggies. I would love any food lists you have! I'm super new at this and not real excited about it...just confused about so much! I'll keep checking for resources in your archived posts, but please let me know of anything you haven't written down here!
    THanks!
    MaryMarthaWalker@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails