Please read, before reading

I am saddened by the comments on this blog that often take a judgmental turn. The information is intended to be just that -- information. You need to make your own decisions for your life and be accountable for your actions. I debated closing the blog, but feel there are many valuable items listed for families struggling with food allergies, especially early on.

If you need further information please contact a doctor. If you need to verify a product's ingredients, please look at current labels and contact the company yourself. Note many posts are several years old. Use your best judgment and do not make up comments to scare people.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Awesome Book

I've been reading lots of cookbooks lately on dairy-free cooking and baking.  As I find ones I that are especially helpful, I'll be posting them here.  Remember you can check them out from the library and don't have to buy right away.


Go Dairy Free, by Alisa Marie Fleming is a fabulous book for anyone with dairy allergy or lactose intolerance.  There are some great ideas and recipes for all tastes.  I really like that there are options within the recipe to use one ingredient or the other.  I made two recipes from this book this weekend -- cheesy quakers (crackers) and mac 'n cheese (both non-dairy of course).  Both recipes require the use of nutritional yeast flakes, which have a sutle cheese flavor.  Nutritional yeast flakes are vegan and completely dairy-free.  I found a large container at a health foods store.  My daughter loved the mac and cheese as well as the crackers.  So happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails