Please read, before reading

I am saddened by the comments on this blog that often take a judgmental turn. The information is intended to be just that -- information. You need to make your own decisions for your life and be accountable for your actions. I debated closing the blog, but feel there are many valuable items listed for families struggling with food allergies, especially early on.

If you need further information please contact a doctor. If you need to verify a product's ingredients, please look at current labels and contact the company yourself. Note many posts are several years old. Use your best judgment and do not make up comments to scare people.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Dairy-Free Rice Krispies Treats

While this recipe might seem really obvious, I will admit when I began to learn about dairy-free food that I had no idea what to do.  I really like Rice Krispies Treats, and I am pretty picky about the flavor.  So changing to dairy-free margarine didn't seem like an easy option.  Then I read on a message board the Blue Bonnet Light was dairy-free.  Really... my margarine of choice for these treats is (dairy-based) Blue Bonnet.  It was worth a try.  I can't justify making two different batches of Rice Krispies just to appease my taste.  The verdict:  PERFECT.

Here's what we did today for Valentine's Day.




  • 6 cups Rice Krispies (I always end up adding more so it's not too gooey)
  • 3 Tbsp Blue Bonnet Light (or another dairy-free margarine)
  • 10 oz marshmallows


1. Heat butter and marshmallows on low on stovetop.
2. Once marshmallows and butter are melted, mix in Rice Krispies.
3. Pour into a pan.  Spray a piece of wax paper with cooking spray (such as Pam, which is dairy-free) and press it to even out the treats in the pan.
4. Shake on sprinkles.  Use a cookie cutter to cut the treats into shapes.

1 comment:

  1. You may wish to try Earth Balance Buttery Spread. Completely dairy-free, very delicious, and more buttery tasting than margarine!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails