Please read, before reading

I am saddened by the comments on this blog that often take a judgmental turn. The information is intended to be just that -- information. You need to make your own decisions for your life and be accountable for your actions. I debated closing the blog, but feel there are many valuable items listed for families struggling with food allergies, especially early on.

If you need further information please contact a doctor. If you need to verify a product's ingredients, please look at current labels and contact the company yourself. Note many posts are several years old. Use your best judgment and do not make up comments to scare people.

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Soybutter - Hooray!

I recently wanted to try Soybutter, but the sample request I made was with 50,000 other people.  So they didn't send the sample out due to cost.  I actually forgot all about it until I got an e-mail from the company stating that now samples would inccur a shipping charge.  Well, I figured I might as well just find it and try it for cost of the sample.




Soybutter is completely nut-free.  Listed here are the health benefits. And it tastes really (really) close to peanut butter.  I was so excited when I tried it because it's consistency is very close to peanut butter.  I now can make puppy chow, soybutter sandwiches, soybutter cookies and so many other fun recipes for our nut-allergic daughter.  I found it at Walmart under the Great Value label and it was just under $3.  I would have never figured out that I could buy it there unless I had done the research prior.  To find soybutter near you go here. To search a Walmart near you that may carry soybutter, go here.

Our daughter seemed to like her first bites. I put it on crackers.  No reaction (you never really know no matter how safe it says it is). I call it a success as she ate two whole crackers and licked some of the other crackers.  She also makes happy humming sounds when she eats something she likes and I heard those, too.

Our daughter does occasionally eat Sunbutter, but it's a hit and miss.  The jar we have has small sunflower seeds in it and I'm not sure she likes those.  It has a great flavor, too.  But not exactly like peanut butter and it is a little more oily than peanut butter or soybutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails