Please read, before reading

I am saddened by the comments on this blog that often take a judgmental turn. The information is intended to be just that -- information. You need to make your own decisions for your life and be accountable for your actions. I debated closing the blog, but feel there are many valuable items listed for families struggling with food allergies, especially early on.

If you need further information please contact a doctor. If you need to verify a product's ingredients, please look at current labels and contact the company yourself. Note many posts are several years old. Use your best judgment and do not make up comments to scare people.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dairy-Free, Egg-Free Dill Dip

"We could feed this to other people!"

That's the comment I made after we tried this.  So many times dairy-free come with an odd taste to those of us who are so used to eating dairy.  But this I am convinced I could put out at a party and no one would know it was dairy-free.

I was just experimenting with this so my initial recipe is not exact. I was making just a single serving for my daughter, so it was just a little of this and a little of that.  But I hate when people share recipes that aren't exact, so I am also including the proportions from my veggie pizza recipe that should helpful.  You can always adjust it to your taste.

Dairy-Free, Egg-Free Dill Dip
(single serving)


Equal parts Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese and Tofutti Better than Sour Cream (I used 1 Tbsp of each)
dash garlic powder
dash dill weed

1. Mix Better than Cream Cheese and Better than Sour Cream together until smooth.
2. Add garlic powder and dill weed.
3. Use a veggie dip or spread on crackers.

*I typically add more dill weed than garlic powder*


More exact measurements for Dairy-Free Dill Dip
(taken from my veggie pizza recipe)


1/2 cup Tofutti Better than Cream Cheese
1/2 cup Tofutti  Better than Sour Cream
1 tsp dill weed
1/8 tsp garlic powder

Check out more recipes at the Grocery Cart Challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails