Here's the original recipe for Puppy Chow or Muddy Buddies. Well, there are three ingredients there that my allergic daughter can't eat -- chocolate chips, peanut butter, butter. But these treats are so good. I found a solution to make this dairy-free and taste almost the same.
(I halved the original recipe because it makes so much)
1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life)
1/4 cup Soybutter (for detailed information go here and here)
2 Tbsp daiy-free butter (I use Earth's Balance)
1/2 tsp vanilla
4 1/2 cups Rice Chex cereal
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1. Melt chocolate chips, soybutter and butter in microwave for 1 minute.
2. Add vanilla to melted mixture.
3. Pour Chex cereal in large bowl.
4. Pour chocolate mixture over chex mix. Gently stir to cover.
5. Pour into a gallon plastic bag with powdered sugar. Shake until covered.
6. Put on wax paper to cool.
7. Store in air-tight containers.
A little update
4 years ago