Please read, before reading

I am saddened by the comments on this blog that often take a judgmental turn. The information is intended to be just that -- information. You need to make your own decisions for your life and be accountable for your actions. I debated closing the blog, but feel there are many valuable items listed for families struggling with food allergies, especially early on.

If you need further information please contact a doctor. If you need to verify a product's ingredients, please look at current labels and contact the company yourself. Note many posts are several years old. Use your best judgment and do not make up comments to scare people.

Friday, November 20, 2009

Snack idea -- Chocolate No-Bake Crunchies


When my daughter was first diagnosed with a milk allergy, I was so disappointed that she might not have chocolate.  Well, of course I have now educated myself and have found several productes with chocolate that are dairy-free.  Here is a very simple snack idea that I read in Prevention magazine.  The original recipe calls for semi-sweet chocolate chips, which are usually milk-based.  I used Enjoy Life dairy-free chocolate chips and frankly I think they taste better.

Dairy-Free Chocolate No-Bake Crunchies

1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips, melted (use regular chocolate chips if no allergy)
1 cup corn flakes
1/4 cup raisins

1. Melt chocolate chips in microwave for 1 minute.
2. Gently stir in raisins and cornflakes. Be careful not to crush the cornflakes.
3. Spoon onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.  The recipe says it makes 36 pieces, but we made about 24.  It all depends on how large you make them.  Your choice.
4. Put in fridge for  45 minutes (we ran to the grocery store instead of waiting at home).

We really enjoyed making these and my daughter loved them.

5 comments:

  1. wow-that's a cool little snack! I'll have to try that with my daughter-I bet she would love to make them with me! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a DIFFERENT!!!, but YUMMY!!! treat.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  3. these sounds unique, but very tasty. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a relief to find a sweet treat for your sweet girl! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails