Please read, before reading

I am saddened by the comments on this blog that often take a judgmental turn. The information is intended to be just that -- information. You need to make your own decisions for your life and be accountable for your actions. I debated closing the blog, but feel there are many valuable items listed for families struggling with food allergies, especially early on.

If you need further information please contact a doctor. If you need to verify a product's ingredients, please look at current labels and contact the company yourself. Note many posts are several years old. Use your best judgment and do not make up comments to scare people.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Dairy-Free Cas Mac


When my husband and I were first married, one of our favorite meals was Cas Mac (re-named by my husband).  We ate it often and got a little tired of it.  But it is my go-to meal when I can't think of anything to make.  Our daughter and I were talking the other day about lunches, and it dawned on me that I could easily make a dairy-free version of Cas Mac for her.

Dairy-Free Cas Mac
(This is one of those recipes that I will take some of the ingredients from the main dish that I making and make a single serving for her.  Note: This make enough for about 4 servings).

1/2 pound Ground Beef, browned and drained
1/4 cup to 1/2 cup dairy-free cheese sauce, based on preference (this freezes well and can be pulled out for this meal to make it easier)
1 cup macaroni noodles (or any pasta you like)
1/2 can tomato soup (save the rest for a meal later in the week)
1/4 to 1/2 cup Frozen vegetable, (we like corn)

1. Brown beef.  Drain. Set aside.
2. Boil noodles for 8 minutes.  Drain. Set aside.
3. Make cheese sauce. Mix with noodles.
4. In casserole dish mix meat, cheesey noodles, tomato soup and vegetables together.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until baked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails