Yesterday was our yearly visit to the allergist. He was new to the clinic and new to us. He did a pretty good job overall. He listened and documented what we've tried. He gave solid advice and we agreed to do just a blood test this year. Every allergist (6 of them since I was 14) I've seen has had a different philosophy on testing. I truly believe that blood testing is going to be more accurate than skin testing for our daughter because if she's like me (which I think she is) her skin is going to react just by being pricked alone. And that alters the real result. We get those blood test results in about a week. We tested for milk, egg, peanut and some tree nuts. I asked if we should continue to avoid shellfish and he advised to go ahead and try it. She may or may not react just like anyone else. We have a challenge test scheduled once we get the blood test results to determine if there is a true allergy after actually consuming egg (or peanut) in a controlled environment -- the doctor's office. I'm very optimistic that egg may be safer than we realize. Milk on the other hand, I'm sure she's still allergic to.
To be continued...
Popular Posts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment