Here's my latest attempt to make chocolate chip cookies. I think they turned out great!! Only thing I would do different is add 1/2 tsp of salt. Funny how you miss an ingredient when you are so used to tasting it.
Dairy-Nut Free Chocolate Chip Cookies original recipe found here
1/2 cup shortening (I use Crisco)
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp oil (I used blended oil)
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 to 2 Tbsp water (if needed)
3/4 cup Enjoy Life dairy free chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine shortening, vanilla, oil and sugars until well mixed.
3. Combine flour and baking soda in separate bowl.
4. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients. Mix well.
5. Add water if dry. It should have regular cookie dough texture.
6. Add chocolate chips and mix well.
7. Drop cookies on cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Or until cookies are done. Mine tuned a light brown similar to regular cookies. However the original recipe says they won't brown like regular cookies.
8. Cool for a couple minutes and transfer to wire rack to cool.
**The best part of this recipe is that my 2-year-old was able to help. I didn't have to hover and worry she might touch something that would cause a reaction!**