Please read, before reading

I am saddened by the comments on this blog that often take a judgmental turn. The information is intended to be just that -- information. You need to make your own decisions for your life and be accountable for your actions. I debated closing the blog, but feel there are many valuable items listed for families struggling with food allergies, especially early on.

If you need further information please contact a doctor. If you need to verify a product's ingredients, please look at current labels and contact the company yourself. Note many posts are several years old. Use your best judgment and do not make up comments to scare people.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Soy Yogurt


For some time now I've wanted to give my daughter soy yogurt, but I just couldn't seem to find any that were truly dairy-free. After posting on a message board I read that
Silk Soy Yogurt is in fact dairy free. At my trip to Whole Foods this week I picked up a 32 oz container (I bought the large container because I knew it would take a couple tastes before she would embrace it and buying the larger container was cheaper than buying the 6 oz containers). And for afternoon snack my daughter has been eating it up! I put some frozen strawberries (I unthaw them first) and a couple graham crackers. She just loves it. I'm so happy to have another healthy snack for her.

5 comments:

  1. So Delicious coconut milk and soy yogurts are also dairy-free, and I think they're even tastier than Silk. They even make an agave-sweetened soy yogurt now, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whole Soy & Co. is also dairy free. So far, I've seen them come in blueberry, strawberry, and peach. What is the message board that you are on? Sounds like something I should look into.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My original post for the message board is listed here. I'll link it to this post, too.

    http://dairyfreetoddler.blogspot.com/2009/04/great-place-for-information.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried soy yogurt, but I have to second the coconut milk yogurt suggestion. Very tasty! My dairy-allergic son loves it. They tend to be on the pricey side, but I've had good luck finding coupons for $2 off the purchase of four online (coupons.com, I believe).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails