Please read, before reading

I am saddened by the comments on this blog that often take a judgmental turn. The information is intended to be just that -- information. You need to make your own decisions for your life and be accountable for your actions. I debated closing the blog, but feel there are many valuable items listed for families struggling with food allergies, especially early on.

If you need further information please contact a doctor. If you need to verify a product's ingredients, please look at current labels and contact the company yourself. Note many posts are several years old. Use your best judgment and do not make up comments to scare people.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Tofutti Cheese and Bread

My daughter just started liking Tofutti cheese and with it she's been eating bread.  For months now, I've been offering my daughter the Tofutti cheese, with little luck. She would eat a bite here or there. I probably have gone through three packages of the individually wrapped cheese, with hardly any consumed.  Last week I made a quesadilla for her and all of a sudden, she is eating the cheese (and even requesting it).  It's not the best nutritional thing to give her, but it does have some protein and gives me another option for her.  I am limiting how much I give her.  

I now have also made her ham and cheese and grilled cheese sandwiches, which she is devoured.  I haven't had much luck getting her to eat bread or toast.  But she ate all the bread with her grilled cheese and a hamburger bun with her ham and cheese sandwich.  So, I am actually getting a little more grain in her.  Also, the bread I buy has milk in it, which she tolerates in baked goods.  I like being able to give her a little milk as much as I can even if it's not directly given to her.  I think it will help her build up a tolerance.  

I'm going to do a little more research and see if I  can find another soy-based cheese for her that might contain a few "better" ingredients.  Otherwise, for now I'm happy she's finally eating this cheese and bread

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails