Please read, before reading

I am saddened by the comments on this blog that often take a judgmental turn. The information is intended to be just that -- information. You need to make your own decisions for your life and be accountable for your actions. I debated closing the blog, but feel there are many valuable items listed for families struggling with food allergies, especially early on.

If you need further information please contact a doctor. If you need to verify a product's ingredients, please look at current labels and contact the company yourself. Note many posts are several years old. Use your best judgment and do not make up comments to scare people.

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Playing with other kids

We were at a play group today, which was so much fun.  But when people bring out snacks, I just watch so much more closely where my little busy bee plays.  Sure enough today I looked at her when she "checked" in and she had a small rash on her face and neck.  Nothing major and it went away quickly.  It could have been anything from a toy she touched to rubbing up on one of the pillows.  I can't keep her in a bubble and want her to experience as much as we can offer her.  A little rash here and there are just going to be a part of our lives for the time being.  

She also tried to snatch one child's snack container.  The grandmother kindly offered her a goldfish cracker.  I had to quickly say she could have that because of her milk allergy -- I hate wearing it on our sleeve, but sometimes we have to.  The grandmother didn't really understand, but I was sure to thank her.  I told my daughter to find something else to play with.  She's starting to understand more now when I tell her we can't touch other people's food.  She shouldn't anyway, but I'm glad she moved away when I asked her to today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails