Please read, before reading

I am saddened by the comments on this blog that often take a judgmental turn. The information is intended to be just that -- information. You need to make your own decisions for your life and be accountable for your actions. I debated closing the blog, but feel there are many valuable items listed for families struggling with food allergies, especially early on.

If you need further information please contact a doctor. If you need to verify a product's ingredients, please look at current labels and contact the company yourself. Note many posts are several years old. Use your best judgment and do not make up comments to scare people.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Fruit Snack

So, we've been buying the Gerber fruit snacks.  Not a lot of nutrition in those and yes they are expensive.  In fact all fruit snacks are expensive.  Today, I decided to break down and find some that weren't too costly and had some nutritional benefit.  

Here's what I chose:  Welch's Fruit Snacks -- Mixed Fruit

This is why I chose them: 
  • no fat/no saturated fat
  • 1 g protein
  • 25% Vitamin A
  • 25% Vitamin E
  • 100% Vitamin C

The only down fall is that there is 6% carbohydrates, but the packaging claims made with real fruits. I paid $2.50 for 10 pouches.  So I guess for a once in a while snack it will be okay.  I also like that they are not messy for snacks in the car, which we are going to need this summer.  Plus, my toddler just loves chewy snacks and this is a little bit better than a gummy candy.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails