Yesterday, I gave her a bite of cake, which was loaded with dairy -- sour cream, eggs, butter, milk. She seems to tolerate baked goods with dairy in them really well. But last night she had an explosive diaper. Was it a reaction to the the very small bite of cake or something else? It's so hard to say. Side note, she loved the cake!
When it comes to food allergies (as an allergy sufferer of raw fruits and vegetables) there are no hard or fast rules. One time there's a reaction, the next time there isn't. I just proceed with caution with everything I give my daughter. And trying new things when I am prepared to deal with a possible reaction. Of course, you have to always be prepared. With that rash she got on Saturday, we did nothing. We just waited to see how bad it was going to get. Benadryl is what I use if it gets really bad. Check with your doctor, so you know the proper dose.