Please read, before reading

I am saddened by the comments on this blog that often take a judgmental turn. The information is intended to be just that -- information. You need to make your own decisions for your life and be accountable for your actions. I debated closing the blog, but feel there are many valuable items listed for families struggling with food allergies, especially early on.

If you need further information please contact a doctor. If you need to verify a product's ingredients, please look at current labels and contact the company yourself. Note many posts are several years old. Use your best judgment and do not make up comments to scare people.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Allergy-Free Easter Treats

Oh, it's so hard to figure out what to do for holidays for a food allergic toddler.  I envy the people that just buy a couple bags of candy and an chocolate bunny without thinking.  With food allergies you have to be a little creative.  It's good to exercise that muscle.

Here are some of my ideas for this year's Easter Basket.

(in photo)
  • Fruit Snacks (these are pretty much candy in my book)
  • Chocolate eggs (I'll adapt this recipe into an egg mold)
  • Chocolate suckers (bought an Easter mold at Michaels and will simply melt Enjoy Life chocolate chips)
  • Enjoy Life Candy bar (find coupon here)
(not in photo)
  • Marshmallow Peeps (so far these have been safe for her)
  • Homemade gummy snacks (check out recipe here!)


**Note that even when we have holiday treats, I tend to spread the snacks out over time.  We still have Heart Peeps in our pantry (not sure if they will be gone by Easter).

4 comments:

  1. I just did Graham's Easter basket:

    Flower Seeds
    Bubbles
    A Spring Book
    Peeps
    Skittles in plastic eggs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candice,
    Cute ideas. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed checking out your site! I also have a 2.5 year old daughter with food allergies and I understand how tricky it can be at times. One chocolate bunny that we've had luck with is the Lindt Dark Chocolate Bunny (and reindeer for Christmas, too). The chocolate is dairy free, although is manufactured in a facility that processes milk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarah, I bet those bunnies would be okay. I'll have to check them out! Thanks for sharing and reading!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails