Please read, before reading

I am saddened by the comments on this blog that often take a judgmental turn. The information is intended to be just that -- information. You need to make your own decisions for your life and be accountable for your actions. I debated closing the blog, but feel there are many valuable items listed for families struggling with food allergies, especially early on.

If you need further information please contact a doctor. If you need to verify a product's ingredients, please look at current labels and contact the company yourself. Note many posts are several years old. Use your best judgment and do not make up comments to scare people.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Trying to get a toddler to eat Sunbutter

I was so excited to find Sunbutter for my peanut-allergic daughter.  Every time she puts her finger in it a little more and a little longer.  When I want to try something new or eat something else on her plate, we call them polite bites.  I'll say take a bite to be polite (no, I didn't make that up -- learned it a child care center I worked at).  If she brings it to her lips or licks it that's enough for me.

Here are the few ways I've introduced Sunbutter so far.

  • Sunbutter and saltine crackers (some crackers have milk, so watch out)
  • Ants on a log (celery, sunbutter and raisins)
  • Sunbutter and Jelly pinwheels (see this great way to make sandwiches here)
Anyone got any other ideas?

2 comments:

  1. My children love it on raisin bread (but I doubt the store brands are dairy free) and on corn thins (like rice cakes but thin & made of corn etc.), which I find at Whole Foods

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think the raisin bread idea is great! I hadn't thought of trying that with her yet.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails