Please read, before reading

I am saddened by the comments on this blog that often take a judgmental turn. The information is intended to be just that -- information. You need to make your own decisions for your life and be accountable for your actions. I debated closing the blog, but feel there are many valuable items listed for families struggling with food allergies, especially early on.

If you need further information please contact a doctor. If you need to verify a product's ingredients, please look at current labels and contact the company yourself. Note many posts are several years old. Use your best judgment and do not make up comments to scare people.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pizza

For some reason homemade pizza for the dairy-free kid is just not easy.  If we have the Vegan Gourmet cheese that melts it goes bad before we use it all up. And I just haven't been happy with crusts.  English muffins work well, but you still have to have a sauce for a small portion.

Today I was walking through the new Hy-Vee grocery store in town and was pleasantly surprised by the selection of organic/dietary specific food.  I found this Tofutti Pizza and am so happy to have a simple pizza for my daughter.  Sometimes it really is just easier to use the pre-made version.  Especially when it's a small portion for a toddler who might not eat it for the first 10 times you give it to them.  Cost was just over $4 and there are three large slices.  I figure for the initial introduction of it, I'll cut those slices in half.  That makes six servings for $4, which isn't too bad.  I also liked that I knew all the ingredients listed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails