Please read, before reading

I am saddened by the comments on this blog that often take a judgmental turn. The information is intended to be just that -- information. You need to make your own decisions for your life and be accountable for your actions. I debated closing the blog, but feel there are many valuable items listed for families struggling with food allergies, especially early on.

If you need further information please contact a doctor. If you need to verify a product's ingredients, please look at current labels and contact the company yourself. Note many posts are several years old. Use your best judgment and do not make up comments to scare people.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Meal Idea

Keeping a meal balanced is key when feeding kids (any yourself).  I try my best to offer something from every food group at each mea save the dairy of course.  I may skip a fruit for lunch or dinner if we eat a lot of fruit for snacks.  I do not like pre-packaged food for my daughter.  Mostly because I learned that most contain milk, but also because of all the preservatives.  With a dairy allergy she misses out on some of those staple "kid" foods.  Here's my variation on Spaghetti O's without meat.

Alphabet Spaghetti (that's what we call it)
1 can tomato sauce -- use only about 6 oz at a time (I freeze the rest in baby food jars)
1/4 cup alphabet pasta -- Earth's Best makes a great pasta with lots of nutrients.

1. Boil pasta.
2. Add tomato sauce.
3. Serve with vegetable and fruit.  Today she had peas and applesauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails