Please read, before reading

I am saddened by the comments on this blog that often take a judgmental turn. The information is intended to be just that -- information. You need to make your own decisions for your life and be accountable for your actions. I debated closing the blog, but feel there are many valuable items listed for families struggling with food allergies, especially early on.

If you need further information please contact a doctor. If you need to verify a product's ingredients, please look at current labels and contact the company yourself. Note many posts are several years old. Use your best judgment and do not make up comments to scare people.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Baked Cod -- Dairy-Free

Okay, so when it comes to fish I normally make the dish with (milk-based) butter for my husband and myself -- there's just something about fish and butter.   And then I make a separate dish for our daughter that is dairy-free.  Normally it's not that much work, and I do this for many meals.  However the other night I came across this recipe and tried it dairy-free for all of us. It was so good!

Dairy-Free Baked Cod
adapted from cooks.com

1 lb fish (I used wild caught Alaskan cod)
1/4 cup melted dairy-free butter (I used Earth's Balance)
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp lime juice (see my tip for having lemon and lime juice on hand)
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

1. Cut fish into single portion sizes or keep whole. Place in baking dish.
2. Mix all other ingredients together and pour over fish.
3. Bake at 400 degrees for half hour. Baste once our twice while baking.

1 comment:

  1. I simply refuse to make multiple meals anymore! Call me tired or lazy, take your pick, but those days/years are over. (If I'm going to the effort of making something tasty, healthy and safe for everyone then EVERYONE is going to pick up a fork without complaint!) At this point I no longer even have butter in the house, just Earth Balance.

    I usually make tilapia, but you've got me thinking about cod now. The recipe looks really good!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails