Dairy-free, Egg-free, Peanut-Free Cake Recipe
Adapted from Divvies Chocolate Cupcakes. I used it as a cake recipe. I made two cakes in a Pampered Chef bowl. See links below for tutorials on how to make doll cake.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (I used Hershey's dark cocoa)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp vegetable oil (Crisco)
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups water
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
2. Grease cake pan or bowl.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
4. Mix together oil, vinegar, vanilla, and water until well combined. I used my KitchenAid mixer.
5. Add Flour mixture to wet mixture. This will be a very wet batter.
6. Pour into cake pan. If making cupcakes or cake bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until done in center. If using Pampered Chef bowl bake for 1 hour 15 minutes.
Frosting Recipe: I tripled the recipe. Note when I was decorating the doll, I had to move very quickly. The frosting started to melt as it warmed up. I did some decorating then stuck it in the freezer. Then after 20 minutes did some more decorating. The cake then stayed in the freezer until serving. Tasted great cold. My niece said it tasted like ice cream cake.
Tip: I made the cake ahead of time and frosted the "dress." I then kept it in the refrigerator until the day of the party. That's when I decorated the doll and put in freezer as noted above.
Tutorials to make doll cake