Please read, before reading

I am saddened by the comments on this blog that often take a judgmental turn. The information is intended to be just that -- information. You need to make your own decisions for your life and be accountable for your actions. I debated closing the blog, but feel there are many valuable items listed for families struggling with food allergies, especially early on.

If you need further information please contact a doctor. If you need to verify a product's ingredients, please look at current labels and contact the company yourself. Note many posts are several years old. Use your best judgment and do not make up comments to scare people.

Monday, August 17, 2009

What I did for Birthday Cake


Okay, I struggled with what to do to make the birthday cake fun without allergic reaction. I compromised a little with dairy-free Pillsbury frosting (not the best tasting, but time was limited with making all the salads) and I used Devils Food cake mix from Betty Crocker. The cake mix tasted really good. To make the rest of the turtle I made Carrot-Raisin Muffins that I know won't cause an allergic reaction. I gave her the chocolate coated muffin and the rest of the guests received cake slices. Guess who didn't eat their share -- yep, my daughter didn't even touch her muffin. She was so hyped up with activity that she couldn't sit still. Good news, we had muffins for snacks for the next few days! Prepare if you must, but be prepared to have your toddler change your plans!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails