Please read, before reading

I am saddened by the comments on this blog that often take a judgmental turn. The information is intended to be just that -- information. You need to make your own decisions for your life and be accountable for your actions. I debated closing the blog, but feel there are many valuable items listed for families struggling with food allergies, especially early on.

If you need further information please contact a doctor. If you need to verify a product's ingredients, please look at current labels and contact the company yourself. Note many posts are several years old. Use your best judgment and do not make up comments to scare people.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Egg-Free Mayo and a Tuna Melt

I made a trip to Whole Foods this week. I had some coupons that I had been waiting to use for some milk-free and egg-free products.

I purchased Veganaise for my daughter and am so impressed with the taste. And it didn't cost any more than a regular jar of mayo. Until now I've avoided all things with mayo because I didn't have an alternative. Yesterday I made her a tuna melt and while she didn't eat much of it, I'm certain we will be able to rotate that into our lunch routine. It takes several tastes before a child will eat a new item. And then a toddler will change her mind often about liking a food anyway.

Tuna Melt
Half piece of hamburger bun
small can of Tuna
2 Tbsp Veganaise
Slice of Tofutti cheese

1. Toast bun for five minutes at 250 degrees.
2. Mix tuna and veganaise together. Add more veganaise or less to taste
3. Spread a thin layer on toasted hamburger bun.
4. Place cheese on top.
5. Put back in oven for 5 minutes or until heated through. The tofutti cheese will soften, but not really melt.
6. Save tuna for future meal later in the week.



1 comment:

  1. Have you tried daiya(sp) cheese? That would taste good too (:
    Btw thx for all the great allergy recipes.
    Gonna try the gingerbread cookies tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails