I purchased Veganaise for my daughter and am so impressed with the taste. And it didn't cost any more than a regular jar of mayo. Until now I've avoided all things with mayo because I didn't have an alternative. Yesterday I made her a tuna melt and while she didn't eat much of it, I'm certain we will be able to rotate that into our lunch routine. It takes several tastes before a child will eat a new item. And then a toddler will change her mind often about liking a food anyway.
Half piece of hamburger bun
small can of Tuna
2 Tbsp Veganaise
Slice of Tofutti cheese
1. Toast bun for five minutes at 250 degrees.
2. Mix tuna and veganaise together. Add more veganaise or less to taste
3. Spread a thin layer on toasted hamburger bun.
4. Place cheese on top.
5. Put back in oven for 5 minutes or until heated through. The tofutti cheese will soften, but not really melt.
6. Save tuna for future meal later in the week.