Please read, before reading

I am saddened by the comments on this blog that often take a judgmental turn. The information is intended to be just that -- information. You need to make your own decisions for your life and be accountable for your actions. I debated closing the blog, but feel there are many valuable items listed for families struggling with food allergies, especially early on.

If you need further information please contact a doctor. If you need to verify a product's ingredients, please look at current labels and contact the company yourself. Note many posts are several years old. Use your best judgment and do not make up comments to scare people.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Foam Soap for Sensitive Skin

If you have a child with food allergies, you are most likely dealing with sensitive skin issues as well.  I searched high and low for a foaming "fragrance" free soap to making washing hands fun for my daughter.  I couldn't find one.  For our regular foamy hand soap (that my husband and I use) I use a small amount of shower gel or bubble bath mixed with water.

I tried this with Aveeno Creamy wash.  I simply put a couple tablespoons in a well-cleaned soap dispenser and filled the rest with water.  Shake it up to mix it together.  I suggest adding a small amount of soap to see how it foams.  If you don't add enough it will be watery.  If you use too much soap it won't foam.  It's pretty easy to figure out and little one's just love foamy soap!  Plus you don't need to worry about itchy skin when you are just trying to clean messy fingers.

I stock up on Avenno soap (and other products) when it is on sale and couple the sale with manufacturer and store coupons at Target.  If you are patient you can get some really good deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails