Please read, before reading

I am saddened by the comments on this blog that often take a judgmental turn. The information is intended to be just that -- information. You need to make your own decisions for your life and be accountable for your actions. I debated closing the blog, but feel there are many valuable items listed for families struggling with food allergies, especially early on.

If you need further information please contact a doctor. If you need to verify a product's ingredients, please look at current labels and contact the company yourself. Note many posts are several years old. Use your best judgment and do not make up comments to scare people.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

New Snack idea

I actually haven't tried this on my daughter yet, but I'm almost certain it will be a winner. I came up with this idea while making this Taco Bell-like Mexican Pizza, which by the way was excellent. (I even made a dairy free version using dairy-free cheese!)

Cinnamon Tortilla (there probably is some fancy name out there)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
tortilla shells, as many as you want
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon

1. Heat oil in 8 inch skillet to 350 degrees.
2.Mix together sugar and cinammon. This will be more than you need for this snack. I keep some in a shaker for future use. Set aside.
3. When oil is hot, dip tortilla shell into the skillet for 20 to 30 seconds. I flip half-way through. The tortilla should crisp up and turn light brown.
4. Take tortilla out of oil and set on paper towel.
5. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon mixture. Cut into strips or triangles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails